SAFEGUARDING AND INCLUSION
If you have yet to complete the C0 course on line please follow the link below which is highlighted in blue .
St. Thomas' Church is committed to the Diocese of Sodor and Man's policy for the safeguarding, nurture and care of everyone within our Island Church Community.
Registering a concern
If you or someone you know has a concern about the safeguarding of a child or vulnerable adult in connection with St. Thomas' Church you should, in the first instance, contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer.
Parish Safeguarding Officer
Pam Beedan - Tel 851026 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Tony Connell - Tel 829353 Mob 07624 235970 Email - email@example.com
Diocesan Safeguarding Support Officer
Lisa Morris - Tel 676680 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Isle of Man Constabulary
Public Protection Unit (PPU) - Tel 01624 631499 (24 hours)
Most of the jobs done voluntarily for church nowadays require all volunteers to have taken the C0 (C Zero) safeguarding training course. This is available on line using the following URL. (You can access this by clicking on the link below).
This is a short course which should take about 30 minutes to complete. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate which should be printed out and given to Mandy, our Safeguarding Officer. If you do not have access to the internet or a printer then we can arrange this if you contact us and let us know. For further information you can contact our Safeguarding Officer or Church Wardens.
Policy Statement on the Safeguarding of Children and Adults in St. Thomas' Church, Douglas, Isle of Man
This policy has been agreed by the Parochial Church Council (PCC) and will be reviewed annually.
1. We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
2. As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
3. We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of the church.
4. We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
5. The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
6. It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
7. We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with with people who may be vulnerable.
8. The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
9. The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
10. Each person who works with vulnerable people will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by the church.
The Church appoints Pam Beedan to represent the concerns and views of vulnerable people at our meetings and to outside bodies as the parish safeguarding officer.
Rev Liz Hull Priest-in-Charge
M. Faragher and P. Martin Church Wardens
FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE.
All volunteers who help with catering at church events MUST complete a suitable food hygiene course.
Below are some links to approved websites which provide on line certification. If you help out at ANY event where you will be handling food or drinks, or if you prepare and provide items such as hot food, cakes, biscuits, sweets, drinks etc. at home for sale at church events you will need to prove that you have undertaken and passed one of these courses.
Whilst you are free to chose which course you wish to take, the most cost effective course is number 1 on the list. We would be very grateful if you would pay for your own training. However, if you wish to claim back your fee please let us know so that we can reimburse you. Thank you.
Numerous other suitable courses are available e.g. City and Guilds and it is up to you which course you wish to take as long as it is done through a recognized government approved provider.
Please let us know when you have completed the course. If you are able to supply us with a copy of your certificate that would be much appreciated.