If you have yet to complete the C0 course on line please follow the link below which is highlighted in blue .


St. Thomas' Church is committed to the Diocese of Sodor and Man's policy for the safeguarding, nurture and care of everyone within our Island Church Community.

Registering a concern

If you or someone you know has a concern about the safeguarding of a child or vulnerable adult in connection with St. Thomas' Church you should, in the first instance, contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer.

Parish Safeguarding Officer

Mandy Bailey - Tel 620984  Mob 07624 393747

Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser

Tony Connell - Tel 829353  Mob 07624 235970  Email -

Diocesan Safeguarding Support Officer

Lisa Morris - Tel 676680  Email -

Isle of Man Constabulary

Public Protection Unit (PPU) - Tel 01624 631499 (24 hours)


Most of the jobs done voluntarily for church nowadays require all volunteers to have taken the C0 (C Zero) safeguarding training course. This is available on line using the following URL. (You can access this by clicking on the link below).

This is a short course which should take about 30 minutes to complete. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate which should be printed out and given to Mandy, our Safeguarding Officer. If you do not have access to the internet or a printer then we can arrange this if you contact us and let us know. For further information you can contact our Safeguarding Officer or Church Wardens.



All volunteers who help with catering at church events MUST complete a suitable food hygiene course.


Below are some links to approved websites which provide on line certification.  If you help out at ANY event where you will be handling food or drinks, or if you prepare and provide items such as hot food, cakes, biscuits, sweets, drinks etc. at home for sale at church events you will need to prove that you have undertaken and passed one of these courses.

Whilst you are free to chose which course you wish to take, the most cost effective course is number 1 on the list. We would be very grateful if you would pay for your own training. However, if you wish to claim back your fee please let us know so that we can reimburse you. Thank you.




Numerous other suitable courses are available e.g. City and Guilds and it is up to you which course you wish to take as long as it is done through a recognized government approved provider.

Please let us know when you have completed the course. If you are able to supply us with a copy of your certificate that would be much appreciated.